Children's Ministry Team
303-730-1874 x5411 - Office
Julie Thelander - Director of Children's Ministry
HCCKids – We Love – HCCKids – We Love - HCCKids
“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. Love him with all your mind.’ (Deuteronomy 6:5) 38 This is the first and most important commandment. 39 And the second is like it. ‘Love your neighbor as you love yourself.’ (Leviticus 19:18) 40 Everything that is written in the Law and the Prophets is based on these two commandments.” Matthew 22:37-40 NIrV
Who we are, and what we do in the Children’s Ministry at Highline is based in learning to:
- 1.Know and love the Lord
- 2.Know and love the people around you
In our HCCKids ministry, we are focused on achieving this vision in a safe, caring and fun environment.
- We utilize KidCheck for check in and check out. When you come for the first time, you will create a secure online account that will allow us to text your cell phone in the event of an emergency. If you want to set up your account prior to coming, please go to www.kidcheck.com
- All of our classrooms are staffed with at least two adults. All adults that work with our ministry have been background checked.
SUNDAY SCHOOL is available each week during our Worship Service! If you have questions when you arrive on Sunday morning, head downstairs to the HCCKids Welcome Desk. We are happy to help!
- Nursery/Toddler Room (birth – 2 ½ years) opens at 10 am. Check in at the computer kiosk, please!
- Preschool Room (potty trained 3-4 year olds) opens at 10 am. Check in at the computer kiosk, please!
- Kindergarten through 6th grade Please check in at the computer kiosk, then take your kids INTO THE SERVICE WITH YOU… They will be dismissed following the offering, after having the opportunity to worship together! We value having families together, and training our kids how to be a part of corporate worship. When it’s time for the sermon, the kids go to classrooms for age-appropriate Bible study! You will use your Guardian receipt to pick up your child at the conclusion of the service.
VBS is coming to HCC on June 3-7 this year, from 8:45 am until noon. Our theme this year is “Athens” and will cover Paul’s missionary journey and experiences with bringing the good news about Jesus to the people of Athens! We’ll eat authentic Greek food, experience the hustle and bustle of a Greek marketplace, and learn how to share and defend our faith. It’s a week your children will NOT want to miss! Register kids AND volunteers online at
SUMMER PLAYDATES AT THE PARK
- June 14 – Redstone Park (3820 Redstone Park Cir., Highlands Ranch, CO 80129)
- June 28 – Belleview Park (1225 W. Belleview Ave., Englewood, CO 80110) Some activities have a $1 fee, but we can play in the creek and the playground for free!
- July 11 – Surfside Spray Park (5330 W. 9th Ave., Lakewood, CO 80215) $1 per person fee!
- July 25 – Westlands Park (Northwest corner of Quebec and Belleview, behind Greenwood Athletic Club)
- August 8 – Pirates Cove (1225 W. Belleview Ave., Littleton, CO 80120) Our grand finale event of the summer! This park does have an admission fee, as it is a pool/water park. Please check the website at: http://www.piratescovecolorado.com
MOPS is available, please look under the Women’s Ministry tab for more information!
Read the Bible three times per week to receive a Bible Buck.